Hi all! My name is Lauren and I am currently a PhD student in Epidemiology (if you don’t know what that is – it’s the study of the distribution and determinants of the health of the population). With this PhD comes a desperate need to get away from it all and clear my head — and what better way to do that than with reading! 🙂 I have always had a passion for reading…it is literally the one thing I love to do more than anything. Books feed my wild imagination and I absolutely love to get sucked into another world. If you have never picked up a book, you should try it – just find something that interests you and go from there.
This blog is going to be a way for me to share my love for reading and give a little insight into what I think about the books I am reading. I will try not to include any spoilers, but I cant make a promise that I never will. BUT, I do promise to mark any spoilers very clearly so you can avoid them. I am also a member of Goodreads and currently write small reviews there, but I want to take it up another notch by way of this blog.
So, what kinds of books do I like to read?
My favorite genres are: young adult (especially dystopian fiction), paranormal romance, fantasy and contemporary fiction.
Here are some of my favorite books/series:
- The Book Thief – Marcus Zusak (my favorite book of all time)
- Harry Potter Series – J.K. Rowling
- Black Dagger Brotherhood Series – J.R. Ward
- Razorland Series – Ann Aguire
- Maze Runner Series – James Dashner
- Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn
- Lunar Chronicles Series – Marissa Meyer
- A Song of Ice and Fire Series – George R. R. Martin
- Graceling Realm Series – Kristin Cashore
- Legend Series – Marie Lu
If any of these remind you of your reading list then please, follow my blog!